Marketing & Communications Assistant
Marketing & Communications Assistant
We’re looking for a social savvy individual with excellent written English to join our marketing team. In this broad communications role, you will be responsible for driving internal engagement through our newly launched employee app whilst also contributing to our social media strategy across varying channels.
Motus Truck & Van is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle dealerships in the UK. With sites across East Anglia, Hertfordshire & Essex, our facilities are staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, tacho calibration, genuine parts and more.
What you will do
- Support the Head of Marketing & Senior Management Team to build an internal communications strategy that looks to cement our recently launched brand & values.
- Be the driver of the groups new employee engagement app by;
- Managing the CMS platform and ensuring all content is updated regularly. Any “Quick Links” to policies, forms, health & safety etc… are correct and up to date.
- Working closely with the individual site “Champions” to ensure employees are logging in and using the platform at a local level.
- Launch a working group to discuss content ideas with site champions – Sharing best practice and ideas.
- Producing a content plan that looks to create a two-way communication with staff, creating initiatives, competitions, quiz’s etc…
- Support the creation of regular video newsletter/staff update.
- Policing the apps social posting element and ensuring all activity is appropriate.
- User management – inducting new starters and removing any leavers.
- Administrate the apps employee feedback form and collate responses for review with senior management.
- Managing the groups Leading Stars program;
- Administrate all nominations in preparation for the award committee at the end of each quarter.
- Provide feedback to nominators where insufficient detail has been provided
- Utilise the employee engagement app to encourage nominations. Utilising site champions to promote peer-to-peer recognition.
- Gather & create content to promote the Leading Stars scheme across the business
- Photos/Videos of winners. General photography of staff that can be used across various platforms.
- Administrate all rewards and donations to nominated charities.
Marketing - Social Media & Content
- Support the Marketing Executive in the creation of unique content that looks to support our social media strategy by engaging with our target market;
- Establish creative social writing and tone of voice of our brand to ensure we stand out and attract our target market.
- Working with Digital Marketing Exec to ensure it meets SEO & keyword expectations.
- Building relationships across our sites to gather content ideas. Focus on showcasing our people and relationships with customers.
- Support the Head of Marketing with any tasks where required
Who You Are?
The ideal candidate will:
- Writing Skills - You will need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the ability to source stories from employees.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relationship building with members of staff across the business. Confidence to deal with senior management team.
- Creativity – You will need the creative ability to create communication ideas and have familiarity with social media platforms, digital and video communications.
- Initiative – Ability to proactively research new ideas
- Comfortable in front & behind the camera
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
Come join us
Does this sound like your next challenge? We hope so and we look forward to receiving your application.
From day 1 as a Motus Truck & Van colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) increasing after 5,10 & 15 years
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Career progression opportunities
- Death in service
- Quarterly Awards (Leading Stars)
- Long Service Awards
- Refer a friend introduction fee
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Employee Assistance programme
- Salary Finance (Low interest loans & financial advice including savings)
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more
We keep the country moving
Motus Truck & Van is a company built around the vision of being a commercial vehicle employer of choice and the first thought for customers looking for Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks. Our mission is to help customers reach their destination with confidence, using our experience and expertise to provide the best possible experience for customers and their vehicles.
It's why we come to work every day.
We operate 10 branches across East Anglia, Hertfordshire and Essex, and each of our facilities is staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, genuine parts and more
What’s in it for you?
Joining Motus Truck & Van is an exciting opportunity to join a top-performing commercial vehicle dealer group, which delivers first-class service informed by a genuine understanding of customer needs.
We put our colleagues first and promote a culture of growth, ambition and development where anything is possible and we shine a light on good work, rewarding those who live and breathe our values.
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Van Centre Ipswich
- Salary: Competitive salary + excellent company benefits