Purchase Ledger Supervisor
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor to control purchase ledger accounts, ensure accuracy of ledger and that suppliers are paid within agreed terms. This role will be based at our Welham Green Site
*** EXCELLENT SALARY PACKAGE + BONUS ***
09:00am – 17:30pm Monday to Friday
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage team of purchase ledger administrators to deliver expected levels of performance, dealing with staff fairly, ensuring work is allocated evenly and sufficient cover for absences.
- Assisting with accruals and prepayments within month-end reporting deadlines
- Registering, scanning and coding invoices.
- Matching delivery/advice notes with invoices.
- Communicating with suppliers and other departments. Requesting copies of invoices as and when necessary.
- Setting up new accounts as and when required.
- Reconciling purchase ledger accounts to supplier statements (including manufacturer statements).
- Resolving unallocated cash.
- Preparing BACS payment runs.
- Chasing staff to ensure invoices are passed for payment, producing regular reports on outstanding items and resolving queries.
- To provide cover for other members of the accounting team.
- Keeping filing up-to-date.
- Other duties as and when required.
- Possess a calm temperament.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues across all departments.
- To work accurately and efficiently to meet targets and deadlines.
- Good Kerridge, Excel and IT skills.
From day 1 as a Motus Truck & Van colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) increasing after 5,10 & 15 years
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Career progression opportunities
- Death in service
- Quarterly Awards (Leading Stars)
- Long Service Awards
- Refer a friend introduction fee
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Employee Assistance programme
- Salary Finance (Low interest loans & financial advice including savings)
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more
Motus Truck & Van in one of the largest Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle dealerships in the UK. With sites across East Anglia, Hertfordshire & Essex, our facilities are staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, tacho calibration, genuine parts and more
Who You Are?
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a driven individual
· Have the ability to demonstrate a keen determination and desire to succeed within a fast moving and target driven sales environment
· Have an interest and passion for commercial vehicles
· Driven by exceeding targets
· Have the ability to lead and motivate the team
· Have a knowledge of the motor trade and a genuine interest in the brand
· Demonstrate the ability to build lasting relationships with customers and prospective customers and trade partners
· You will be a role model for customer service excellence, leading by example and having the ability to bring out the best in your team
· Will possess an energy and genuine regard for the importance of the customer to the sustainability of the business and the Brand
Come join us
Does this sound like your next challenge? We hope so and we look forward to receiving your application.
We keep the country moving
Motus Truck & Van is a company built around the vision of being a commercial vehicle employer of choice and the first thought for customers looking for Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks. Our mission is to help customers reach their destination with confidence, using our experience and expertise to provide the best possible experience for customers and their vehicles.
It's why we come to work every day.
We operate 8 branches across East Anglia, Hertfordshire and Essex, and each of our facilities is staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, genuine parts and more
What’s in it for you?
Joining Motus Truck & Van is an exciting opportunity to join a top-performing commercial vehicle dealer group, which delivers first-class service informed by a genuine understanding of customer needs.
We put our colleagues first and promote a culture of growth, ambition and development where anything is possible and we shine a light on good work, rewarding those who live and breathe our values.
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Vans & Trucks Welham Green
- Salary: £35,000 per annum