Job Title: Service Manager
Motus Truck & Van is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle dealerships in the UK. With sites across East Anglia, Hertfordshire & Essex, our facilities are staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, tacho calibration, genuine parts and more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager to join our team in Norwich.
To proactively lead the efficient operation of the Service Team, to delivering inspirational service to all our customers both internal and external, to ensure that we deliver the financial plan for the service business in terms of Gross Profit, Direct Profit and cost controls.
To ensure that the relationship between Service Reception and Workshop Control is developed to lead the continual improvement of customer demand and service levels. That our Managers, Supervisors and Workshop Controllers are aware of their duties and responsibilities and communication is of the highest standards at all levels, throughout the daily business cycle and through our quarterly Team-Brief meetings.
To ensure good relationships with our customers, suppliers, franchise partners and all colleagues is maintained at all times
What will you do:
- What Leadership and direction of the customer service team.
- To strengthen and develop long term customer and franchise partner relationship.
- Together with the Business Development Executives develop opportunities to grow the service business in terms of customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Review, coach and develop the customer service team and ensure all our trainees have dedicated training programme and or mentor in place.
- All direct report staff have appraisals carried out.
- To ensure the compliance of the Financial Control Policy in relation to all Service issues.
- To be the key contact to the dealership marketing team looking at opportunities to increase revenue streams.
- Ensure all document process and procedures are adhered too to assist with a seamless transfer to workshop control.
- Ensure that MOT pass rates are in line or exceed company benchmarks.
- To promote good inter-departmental working relationships, retain business in-house whenever possible and communicate with the HOS when internal opportunities are given to 3rd
- Keep up to date with all manufacturers’ bulletins and information; ensure that any of the information in these is passed on to the relevant staff in a timely fashion.
- Deal fairly and constructively with all staff issues and advise your Regional Director of any issues or problems if they are out with your remit.
- Ensure that our companies’ code of conduct for customers, suppliers and staff is adhered to at all times we maintain the company’s integrity and transparency policy.
- Observe, apply and comply with the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times and report to the Regional Director any breaches of this policy.
Who You Are?
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a driven individual
- Have the ability to demonstrate a keen determination and desire to succeed within a fast moving and target driven sales environment
- Have an interest and passion for commercial vehicles
- Driven by exceeding targets
- Have the ability to lead and motivate the team
- Have a knowledge of the motor trade and a genuine interest in the brand
- Demonstrate the ability to build lasting relationships with customers and prospective customers and trade partners
- You will be a role model for customer service excellence, leading by example and having the ability to bring out the best in your team
- Will possess an energy and genuine regard for the importance of the customer to the sustainability of the business and the Brand
Come join us
Does this sound like your next challenge? We hope so and we look forward to receiving your application.
From day 1 as a Motus Truck & Van colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) increasing after 5,10 & 15 years
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Career progression opportunities
- Death in service
- Quarterly Awards (Leading Stars)
- Long Service Awards
- Refer a friend introduction fee
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Employee Assistance programme
- Salary Finance (Low interest loans & financial advice including savings)
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more
We keep the country moving
Motus Truck & Van is a company built around the vision of being a commercial vehicle employer of choice and the first thought for customers looking for Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks. Our mission is to help customers reach their destination with confidence, using our experience and expertise to provide the best possible experience for customers and their vehicles.
It's why we come to work every day.
We operate 10 branches across East Anglia, Hertfordshire and Essex, and each of our facilities is staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, genuine parts and more
What’s in it for you?
Joining Motus Truck & Van is an exciting opportunity to join a top-performing commercial vehicle dealer group, which delivers first-class service informed by a genuine understanding of customer needs.
We put our colleagues first and promote a culture of growth, ambition and development where anything is possible and we shine a light on good work, rewarding those who live and breathe our values.
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Vans & Trucks Norwich
- Salary: £45,000.00
- Contact Name: Lily Simmons