We have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Controller to join our team in Witham.
Motus Truck & Van is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle dealerships in the UK. With sites across East Anglia, Hertfordshire & Essex, our facilities are staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, tacho calibration, genuine parts and more.
What you will do
- Remain part of the productive team
- Supervise & assist team of technicians
- Measure and report tech effectiveness / productivity / utilisation daily
- Drive workshop performance daily in line with pre agreed hours sold targets
- Liaise with service reception/admin regarding authorisation
- Liaise with customers when required
- Support admin and front line team with technical support when required
- Monitor and arrange technician training in line with MB requirements and individual training plans
- Ensure apprentice is up to date current staff training
- Support and implement improved workshop control process supported by Service Manager
- Be briefed on staff 1-1 where appropriate to understand individual targets set and support the technician team to achieve their targets
- Ensure every job card is fully completed prior to the paper work going back to admin
- Support admin team on pricing jobs / labour times when required
- Liaise with parts regarding availability / stock item
- Pre-check job cards prior to vehicle arriving onsite
- Control flow of work through the workshop
- Quality check job cards and vehicles when necessary
- Manage driver to arrange vehicle movement between sites
- Manage workshop equipment / special tool requirements
- Ensure seamless handover between shifts
- Book & issue parts when required out of hours
Who You Are?
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a driven individual
- Have the ability to demonstrate a keen determination and desire to succeed within a fast moving and target driven sales environment
- Have an interest and passion for commercial vehicles
- Driven by exceeding targets
- Have the ability to lead and motivate the team
- Have a knowledge of the motor trade and a genuine interest in the brand
- Demonstrate the ability to build lasting relationships with customers and prospective customers and trade partners
- You will be a role model for customer service excellence, leading by example and having the ability to bring out the best in your team
- Will possess an energy and genuine regard for the importance of the customer to the sustainability of the business and the Brand
Come join us
Does this sound like your next challenge? We hope so and we look forward to receiving your application.
From day 1 as a Motus Truck & Van colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) increasing after 5,10 & 15 years
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Career progression opportunities
- Death in service
- Quarterly Awards (Leading Stars)
- Long Service Awards
- Refer a friend introduction fee
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Employee Assistance programme
- Salary Finance (Low interest loans & financial advice including savings)
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more
We keep the country moving
Motus Truck & Van is a company built around the vision of being a commercial vehicle employer of choice and the first thought for customers looking for Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks. Our mission is to help customers reach their destination with confidence, using our experience and expertise to provide the best possible experience for customers and their vehicles.
It's why we come to work every day.
We operate 10 branches across East Anglia, Hertfordshire and Essex, and each of our facilities is staffed by experienced professionals who specialise in providing support to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Not only can we supply new and used trucks and vans, we also offer an array of aftersales services, including overnight vehicle servicing and MOTs, genuine parts and more
What’s in it for you?
Joining Motus Truck & Van is an exciting opportunity to join a top-performing commercial vehicle dealer group, which delivers first-class service informed by a genuine understanding of customer needs.
We put our colleagues first and promote a culture of growth, ambition and development where anything is possible and we shine a light on good work, rewarding those who live and breathe our values.
- Salary: Competitive Salary, Bonus and excellent company benefits
- Contact Name: Recruitment Team